Noront Resources (TSXV:NOT) is a Canadian-based mining company, and has the largest land position in the Ring of Fire, an emerging multi-metals area located in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario.
As a result of the 2015 acquisition of the Cliffs chromite properties and the 2016 acquisition of MacDonald Mines, Noront now has ownership or a controlling interest in all the major discoveries to date in the region.
The company’s first project is a 100%-owned, high-grade, nickel, copper and platinum group element (PGE) deposit called Eagle’s Nest. It is the largest high-grade nickel discovery in Canada since Voisey’s Bay and the most advanced project in the Ring of Fire. The next projects in our pipeline are the Blackbird and Black Thor chromite deposits in conjunction with a Ferrochrome Production Facility in Sault Ste. Marie.
Noront’s vision is to build a Canadian mining company based on assets it acquires in Northern Ontario. Our first-class Ring of Fire properties will allow the company to develop mines in true partnership with First Nations, contractors, suppliers and other Northern Ontario communities.
For more information in ᐅᒪᐡᑫᑯᒧᐧᐃᐣ (Cree), ᐊᓂᔑᓂᓂᒧᐎᐣ (Oji Cree) and Ojibway, click here.
Noront is on the forefront of both development in the Ring of Fire and sustainable mining with a series of notable accomplishments.
- Eagle’s Nest Ni-Cu-PGE Discovery
- Blackbird Chromite Discovery
- Positive Feasibility Study for Eagle’s Nest
- Training & Development Alliance Established
- Mining Lease Awarded for Eagle’s Nest and Blackbird
- Acquired Cliffs Chromite Properties
- Approved Terms of Reference
- Pre-Development Agreement with Marten Falls First Nation
- McFaulds #8 Cu-Zn discovery
- Sault Ste. Marie selected as FPF site
- Memorandum of Understanding with Aroland First Nation