PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Foreman, the Camp Support provides support to Noront’s remote exploration camp during exploration programs and periods of care and maintenance. This position works on a two-week in, two-week out rotational schedule.
KEY AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITY
Camp Support’s duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to
- Complete daily tasks based on priority, as communicated by Foreman
- Fuelling of buildings, equipment, etc, handling/storage/movement of drummed diesel, Jet A and gasoline
- Cleaning buildings including washrooms and composting toilets, washing floors, sinks, showers, and keeping camp areas clean and organized including shovelling and sanding of walkways
- Experience operating heavy equipment, snow machines, quads and/or Argos
- Mechanical abilities to include minor repairs and servicing of snowmobiles, ATVs, Argos and heavy equipment
- Experience in arc welding and fabrication
- Assisting the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) operator with tasks in the STP plant such as de-sludging etc.
- Loading and unloading of planes and helicopters
- Committed to using the proper PPE for all tasks and to know when to ask the foreman if unsure what to use
- Able to understand work orders as well as things like WHIMS forms, IATA rules etc.
- Setting up fire suppression systems and understanding the use of all the equipment.
- Recognize and report potential hazards to have them rectified.
- Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Noront policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
- First Aid Certificate is required
- Propane handling certificate is required
- Heavy Equipment ticket is preferred
- Previous remote camp site experience is preferred
- Must be physically fit to meet physical demands of position
- Proven ability to work efficiently and productively in a diverse team of varying skill levels
- Previous experience with carpentry, electrical, mechanical and/or welding would be an asset.
- Motivated, quick learner and able to work in a challenging environment with and without supervision
- Must be punctual, ready and willing at all times
If you have any additional questions please contact:
Kaitlyn Ferris – Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Responsibility
Telephone: 416-367-1444 ext 130
We look forward to hearing from you.