PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager, Health & Safety and working with other Noront employees, the Health & Safety Coordinator will offer knowledge, skills, and support in order to generate and promote a positive and safe working environment for Noront’s employees.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Health & Safety Coordinator duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Provide administrative support to H&S Manager
• Create, maintain and update training records and certificate database
• Collect information and makes suggestions on Government required certification, Noront required certification, and industry best practices
• Source training providers
• Assist in updating WHIMS documentation
• This job may include some preparation of reports and clerical functions.
• Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Noront policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
• Ability to take instructions and work independently, as well as in a team
• Good organizational skills
• Strong MS Office suite skills, especially MS Word and Excel
• Ability to research government regulations online
If you have any additional questions please contact:
Kaitlyn Ferris – Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Responsibility
Telephone: 416-367-1444 ext 130
We look forward to hearing from you.