Posted: November 2, 2018
Noront Resources is a Canadian-based mining company, and has the largest land position in the Ring of Fire, an emerging multi-metals area located in the James Bay Lowlands of Northern Ontario. The Company’s flagship project is a 100%-owned, high-grade, nickel, copper and platinum group element (PGE) deposit called Eagle’s Nest. It is the largest high-grade nickel discovery in Canada since Voisey’s Bay and the most advanced project in the Ring of Fire.
We are looking for a dedicated staff member to work in our Toronto Corporate Office.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, performing the day-to-day processing of accounts payable, general ledger transactions, bank account reconciliations, assisting with month end financial reporting, quarterly and year-end external financial reporting and annual budgeting.
This is an entry-level position with excellent growth potential for the right candidate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Junior Accountant duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Perform day to day management of all payment cycle activities
• Monitor, process, and reconcile payments and expenditures including purchase orders, invoices, statements, cheques, refund requisitions etc, in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files
• Act as main contact for both internal and external accounts payable issues
• Match and code invoices for payment and process accounts payable to insure timely payment of invoices and reimbursements
• Process and verify employee expense reports accurately with adherence to corporate expense polices
• Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations
• Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Prepare journal entries
• Support annual budgeting process
• Assist with the preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end working papers
• Support monthly cost reporting and analysis
• Support preparation of financial statements, Management Discussion and Analysis and other public disclosure documents
• Ensure adherence to internal control processes, accounting policies and procedures
• Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Noront policies and procedures
• Special projects and other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
• Undergraduate degree with a major in accounting or pursuing a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
• 1-3 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience is preferred
• Intermediate computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft programs, specifically Excel
• Experience with Sun Systems is an asset
• Must possess high level of attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Accustomed to a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Team player, collaborative and resourceful, able to build and manage strong relationships.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team please email or fax a copy of your resume and cover letter to:
If you have any additional questions please contact:
Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Responsibility
Telephone: 416-367-1444 ext 130
We look forward to hearing from you.