PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a Kitchen Helper, you will play a key role at our remote exploration camp in Northern Ontario by performing kitchen duties both independently and within a team setting. This position reports to the Site Cook-Medic and the Site Supervisor. Your specific hours of work will be determined by the requirements of the field activities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Kitchen Helper duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist the Cook to plan and prepare nutritious meals and snacks daily for up to 12 people at remote site
- Strict adherence to food safety procedures
- Clean and maintain cleanliness and operational excellence in the kitchen and preparation areas including all dishes, equipment, food preparation and food storage areas
- Assist the Cook to receive and store grocery orders
- General kitchen safety and housekeeping
- Complete fridge and freezer temperature logs
- Follow health and safety responsibilities, under all applicable government legislations and Noront policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
- Valid Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Valid WHMIS Certificate
- Emergency First Aid is preferred but not required
- Previous remote camp site experience is preferred but not necessary
- A team oriented, motivated person with an attention for details, accuracy and can prioritize tasks
- Proven ability to work efficiently and productively either alone or as a team member when needed.
If you have any additional questions please contact:
Kaitlyn Ferris – Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Responsibility
Telephone: 416-367-1444 ext 130
We look forward to hearing from you.